Friday, February 19, 2010

February 19, 2010

It's another gorgeous day on the Pacific West Coast of Canada - more like a late spring day than winter. The daffodils are already in bloom among the snowdrops; the flowering cherry trees are in bloom and smell wonderful, the trees are already getting their leaves. People are wandering around in shorts and tshirts already - it's been a few years since it's been this mild.

I've been working on a crocheted tea cosy as a birthday gift for my mom for this weekend. I'm hoping to have it finished by Sunday when we go to visit her. Her other tea cosy is showing it's age and in dire need of replacing. After I've finished this, I have yarn ready to make the Goddess Tarot Bag - a pattern that I got off Ravelry. IT looks great and will be the perfect size to hold my tarot cards.

My book is coming along slowly. Hit a bit of a writers block, but I find that when the weather is this gorgeous and I start knitting or crocheting, my mind starts working again and I come up with ideas. I keep a pen and notepad beside me to jot down all ideas I come up with. I'm really enjoying this journey and it's a much needed journey to help me get over the loss of my father last spring. IT's still tough as I have to keep going to help out my mom as she isn't coping well at all. But it'll all come together in the end when we need it to.

I'll add pics in a few days

have a great, sunshiny day!

No comments:

Post a Comment