Wednesday, August 19, 2009

my first blog about my book

Last night, I went to see the movie 'Julie & Julia' with my husband. It was a wonderful movie and well worth seeing again. After watching the movie, it made me realize that with the committment of writing a blog, I may even get my book finished - just like Julie Powell did.

For the last 8 months, I've had an idea running through my head and about 2 months ago, I started doing research on location, characters and what type of book I wanted to write. For years, I've had people telling me I should be writing a book so now I'm going to try and get that dream to fruition.

As of now, although that could easily change due to where my characters lead me, my book is set in the town in which I live. I live in a rain forest where we have lovely summers and rainy winters. The longest research for me is coming up with names for my characters. I have finally decided on some 'old fashioned' names that work for them. Without giving away the story line - of which it is changing regularly - it is about a young woman who is being followed by this devastatingly handsome man. She doesn't know who he is, she has never seen him before. He's new to her community but he shows up everywhere she goes. She is starting to get a little creeped out about all of this but tries not to let it get to her. She's confided all of this to her best friend, who is curious about the strange situation. And so the story goes on . . .

I am hoping that by keeping a daily blog of my writing that this book will be finished within a year. I hope this will keep me on track and keep me writing like it did with Julie Powell. Thank you for the inspiration for committment to continue writing. I look forward to reading any comments about this venture.

No comments:

Post a Comment