Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Great Mail Day today

I'm so excited today. I received to parcels in the mail that I've been waiting for. One is a gorgeous teal necklace from Lee's Hope Jewelry in Pennsylvania. A portion of the sales of the jewelry go to support research for Ovarian Cancer. The necklace is gorgeous and best of all, it fastens in front which is ideal for this lady with gel nails, and it has a big enough clasp that I can actually fasten it myself. Love, love, love it . . . I'll be on the site again soon ordering more jewelry. www.leeshopejewelry.com

I also got my parcel from Knit Picks. I'd ordered 2 balls of Stroll fingering yarn in a wine colour, some gorgous bamboo needles and a fluffy black sheep tape measure. I'm going to be using this yarn to make the Haruna shawl from Ravelry. It was a free pattern download and looks easy enough to put together. This will be my challenge for this year and if I can get it finished by summertime, then I'll have something to wear when I go out or when I'm sitting outside in the evenings.

What a wonderful day!

While I've been waiting, I've been making a simple garter stitch shawl with some bulky yarn that I have. For the last two years, I've been trying to make a vest out of this yarn and I always get to a certain point and lose count and mess up. I think the wool was trying to tell me something. Maybe I shouldn't be making this pattern. So, the other night, while I was re-watching Lost, I picked up the yarn and needles and cast on 3 stitches. I'm increasing at each end to make a triangular shape, just to use up the yarn. When it's finished, I"m thinking I'll crochet some coloured flowers to attach to the edge to dress it up a little. This is my creative piece for this year where I'm creating my own design - hope it turns out all right.

What are you working on? If you need some inspiration, check out some of the other knitting blogs. A couple of my favourites to visit are Mary Jane's Tea Room and Tiny Owl Knits . . . I love their patterns and always feel inspired after reading them.

Happy knitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment