Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy 2012

It's been a long time since I wrote in this blog. My life has been busy and then in November, tragedy struck. I had to go over to the mainland to be with my mother who had been admitted to the hospital. After a week of sitting at her bedside day after day for hours on end, she slipped away from us. The visit where I thought I was just going to pick her up and take her home with a change of medications turned into spending a month planning a funeral and attending to paperwork. My saving grace was the crocheting and knitting I took along with me.

It's been a rough ride for the last few weeks and the coming months aren't going to be much easier. I still have many trips to go back to her house and pack things up and eventually sell the house. It's a hard thing to do and my emotions are running high right now.

To help me cope with all of this and give me something to look forward to, I've joined up on the Monthly Make It (click on badge to the right of this post), which was posted on the blog of The Felt Fairy. Every month, there will be a different craft to work on . . . the challenge of this will be just what I need this year.

I hope to be able to write more often in my blog and share more things with everyone. On that note, Happy New Year Everyone and I hope 2012 brings you much happiness, health and wealth . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment